How to Order
ORDERING YOUR CUSTOM MADE STAGE WEAR
Step One: Choose your fabric
There are lots of different types of fabric to choose from that look great on stage. We are constantly ordering in new fabrics and colours that may not yet on the site so if you are after something different to the examples you see let us know.
- Glitzy– Small Holographic dots
- Glam– Silver or Gold Holographic dots on Mystique
- Shimmer– Holographic sparkle dots
- Shattered Glass– Holographic shattered glass effects
- Mystique- Tiny metallic dots
- Cracked Ice– Holographic cracked ice effects
- Plain– Shinny Spandex/Lycra
- Printed- Mix of fabrics used, plain & holographic Spandex/Lyca
Note: The prices shown are a starting price for that particular fabric to have a suit custom made.
Unsure about what colour to choose? Contact us and let us know which ones you have narrowed down and we will mail you up to 5 complimentary fabric swatches.
Step Two: Choose your favorite colour
Take a look through all the samples shown on the site to find the perfect colour and fabric. You can narrow down your search using the ‘Search Box’ located at the right of the page.
After you select the bikini you like the colour of; use the drop down menus to add connectors and other decoration & information. (The total price will adjust depending on the choices you make).
Step Three: Add decoration
As you have seen throughout the site; there are a lot examples to show the different options you can choose when decorating your bikini. The bikinis on the site are just an example of what you can have made. Prices shown does not include decoration (connectors or Swarovski crystals as these are additional extras). The prices shown are a starting price to have a bikini custom made in that particular fabric.
You can also take a look through the Connector Gallery.
This is where you can also add Swarovski Crystal decoration to your bikini should you choose.
Once you know what you want you can add them to your order using the drop down menus.
STYLES & SIZES
All KL Competition bikinis are custom made to order. Our bikinis are not mass made and will differ slightly from one girl to the next depending on their requests, natural shape , size & height.
There are two different styles to choose from when ordering your custom bikini.
- String Triangle style: This is a traditional style where each triangle can slide along the back strap making.
- Top Shaper: This is a foam mould that is inserted into a normal string style top to give a smooth, fuller look.
- Fix Moulded style: This is a moulded top that doesn’t slide along the strap that goes around your back. It is fixed in place. The cleavage gap is made to your measurements.
No cleavage gap measurement is required with the string triangle style as you can adjust the gap yourself. (unless you have selected a longer cleavage connector, in that case the gap will be at least length of the connector.
- Brazilian cut: This is still a brief cut compared to normal beach bikinis however not quite as brief as the pro cut.
In our experience it is best to not have too much coverage on stage so we do not make full coverage. The samples on the site are of a Brazilian cut.
- Pro cut: This style is cut to sit over your glutes to really show off your curves but still offers enough coverage to still look classy on stage.
- If you are concerned about coverage then the Brazilian cut would be better for you.
Picture to the right shows Kristen wearing a Pro cut pant with a string style top. This bikini was fully encrusted using two different coloured swarovski crystals.
This example to the right is a current design & shows the correct way to wear your bikini. The connectors on the sides of the pants should be pulled up to elongate your legs. The connectors should not be worn low like you would a beach bikini.
The bikinis are made to your measurements however to give you a guide refer to the following.
AUS size 6-8 = XS
AUS size 8-10= S
AUS size 10-12= M
Bra Size A-B cup = S
Bra Size C-D cup= M
Bra Size DD cup= L
Step Four: Add your measurement
- Hips: Measure close to the top of your hip bone . ( approx 1 inch below the top of the hip bone)
- Glutes: Measure all the way around the biggest part of your glutes. (From the crutch all the way around the biggest part of your bottom)
- Back: Hold the tape just under your breasts and go all the way around your torso. Take this measurement whilst breathing out so your rib cage is not expanded & is at its smallest.
- Cleavage gap: Measure the distance you would like the gap to be in between your boobs from where each corner of the top meets in the middle. ( This measurement is only needed for the fixed triangle style tops)
- Note: When measuring if you know you are going to be a lot smaller in certain areas make sure you hold the tape a little firmer.
Step Five: Check out
Once you have entered in all your requirements you can proceed to check out. Once your order has been receive if there is anything that doesn’t seem right you will be contacted prior to starting your bikini.
Contact me if there is anything you are unsure about or check out the FAQ page for additional information.
Step Six: Email your photo
Email a photo of yourself in a bikini so we can see your natural shape to ensure your bikini will be right for you. Make sure you include your Name and Order Reference Number in the email. Email us at [email protected]
Please note: all order must be received by 4 weeks out at the very latest to avoid rush order fees. Please note that we may cut of orders early if we have booked out.
Once you have received your bikini should you need an adjustment simply email us a photo wearing the bikini showing front and back view.
When taking this photo make sure you are posing properly as you would if you were on stage. Also have someone take this pic for you standing back & holding the camera approx 1 metre from the ground. This will give me a ‘judges view’ and this is the angle you need to look your best when competing.
Once we have reviewed your pic the bikini can be mailed back to us. The first alteration is free of charge however you must include a self address postal bag so we can return your bikini.
Note: If you do not provide a pre paid postal bag a shipping and handling fee of $15 (Australian delivery addresses only) will be charged. (International deliveries will be quoted)
Should you change your mind regarding the style you have chosen a replacement top or pant can be made at 1/2 the cost of your order.
Please submit your order at least 4-6 weeks in advance!
If you are wanting full decoration your order much be in 6-8 weeks in advance.
- We get back to all emails within 24-42 hours.
Due to the custom nature of our suits – ALL SALES ARE FINAL – No Exceptions!
Please note that for the orders that are placed with less than ONE month advanced notice, rush order fees will apply.
RUSH ORDERS are available depending on how many orders we have that month (AUS ONLY )
We ship WORLDWIDE!